The simple joys of the heart
Now I wish away my old life, the times I spent playing in the garden with my friends, the times I spent with my sisters every day, we’d play with each other’s hair. I still live the life of fearlessness. I’ve heard that my new companion had wives before myself, they disappeared without notice, they were all very beautiful ladies according to the whispers I have heard, they tell me that they were similar to myself young and had never been married before. I have been so busy practising my posture and speech that I haven’t had enough time to sit down with my faultless companion. We spend time together when we eat the finest food, this is in the evenings, we sit there in silence for good manners, we speak as he sips his wine, and he smells it, swells it and then softly speaks to me. He calls me Harper as if it is my first name; I see this to be ever so sweet. I’m not certain if this is correct, as I am unfamiliar but I love him with my heart, whatever he says makes me blush.
Signed with love Veronica Anne Harper.